In this first step it's time to look at the data. Search for it and gather it all together to better see the patterns.
A picture of the past
I am working on one or more of my own creative projects thanks to having the skills, resources and contacts that allow me to create freely.
- Train me intro creating something everyday.
- Serve as a starting point to create forward momentum and as a experimentation space.
- Expose myself to external feedback.
Primary and short term
- Building the habit of writing a daily post to train and create momentum.
- Publishing it on a blog exposing myself to feedback and using the space for experimentation.
Secondary and short term
Try and learn the technical, practical side of things related to web marketing such us: how to set up google analytics, AdWords and AdSense. The impact of a specific tweet, facebook share or other online comments in my visits.
Secondary and mid term: Sell mini-products and, eventually, create a store space to experiment further with selling virtual goods.
External feedback is valuable and scarce in comparison with your own, continuous, internal opinions.
658 - Visits
458 Unique visitors
1,127 Pageviews - 1.71 pages/visit
Avg. visit duration 00:01:52
I personally know 7 of them (Spain and UK friends)
I don't know the other 5 who are from different countries.
Bounce rate 89.11%
5 subscribed (1.40% conversion rate)
Note: The experiment is to test copywriting and CTR, but not to get subscribers.
Creativity 56, Motivation 22, Creation 19, Inspirational thoughts 10, Creative thinking 5
2 campaings sent (May and June summary)
Organic search: 34 visits
Kickstarter: 12 (link about intuiti cards)
There are also some sums and medians for word count, images, videos and subjective value.
- Because most of the posts can be read directly in the main blog page I don't have precise data of how many times a specific post has been read.
- There is no data for the time of the day each post was published. I have the feeling that most of them were late in the evening, and some long into the night.
- Organic search terms are not available because I haven't configured properly the Google webmasters tools that tracks when your contents show up at searchs, with which keywords and how many times is clicked.